Shown below are some examples of speaking sessions that Sandy offers. Please note that additional subjects can be requested and each offering can be tailored to the specific needs of the organization or audience.
Book A Speaking Session
Many leaders have been trained to keep their personal lives, their humanity outside of the work setting, women in particular. This session will provide a how to guide for storytelling using actual examples of stories that I shared with my staff while serving as President of Kent Hospital.
This entertaining session will help both aspiring and experienced leaders open themselves up and use their own life stories to enhance employee engagement and help achieve organizational goals.
1) Attendees will learn how to know when personal storytelling will be most effective.
2) Attendees will learn how to “discover” their stories and tell them in a compelling way.
3) Attendees will learn how to connect the desired message to their staff through the moral of the story.
4) Most importantly, everyone in attendance will connect with at least one of the stories that I share and from that find the motivation to give it a try themselves!
Presentation Type: Single presenter with a very interactive presentation and Q&A
"The Owl Approach to Storytelling"
Session Offering 1
There are thousands of decisions made each day and countless sources of wisdom as to how to best approach them. This session will assess the challenges a leader faces in decision-making, how choices are made and why focusing on who is impacted can be the critical difference.
1) Attendees will acquire an understanding of their own willingness and ability to do the right thing.
2) Attendees will be given tools to use to assist them in discerning the right thing and to test the validity of what their instinct tells them is right.
3) Attendees will be prepared to face the consequences of their choices, whether they prove to have been right or wrong.
"Doing the Right Thing is Always the Right Choice: The Owl Approach to Decision-Making."
Session Offering 2
Estate Planning Council of Rhode Island
"The Cost of Caring" - May 2017
HFMA Women’s Leadership Conference
“Panel: Tales from the Trenches”—April 2017
Bryant University Women’s Summit
“The Owl Approach to Storytelling”-March 17, 2017
AIPSO Annual Conference Keynote Address
“Applying Lessons in Change to the Insurance Industry"
RI Colorectal Cancer Screening Roundtable
“Panel Discussion” March 2015
Providence Business News Health Care Summit
“Health Reform Panel” February 2015